When looking into detox facilities in Phoenix, you may have questions about the process. It is normal to be hesitant to begin a detox, whether looking for care for a loved one or wishing to get sober yourself. Purpose Healing Center is here to tell you everything you need about quality detox programs and what to expect.
Why Seek Treatment?
Being addicted to alcohol or drugs can impact your life and that of others around you in many ways. Should you or a loved one be dealing with difficult times due to abusing substances, it is best to look into a detox and rehabilitation program.
Detox is not only safe, but it is an efficient way of kickstarting your recovery process. The right program is essential for helping to rid your body of toxins so that you can begin therapies to foster and build your recovery path. You mustn't try to detox at home as this process is complex and should only be done under the supervision of trained staff and medical professionals.
What Is Involved In Detox?
Entering detox facilities in Phoenix is your first step into a life of sobriety. This process is safe and helps you remove toxic substances from your body. If you have become addicted to alcohol or drugs, it tricks your body and mind into thinking that you are unable to survive without the substance in question. Detoxification ensures no trace of the addictive substance remains in your system. The right detox program also helps individuals to manage most or all of the withdrawal symptoms they experience.
People addicted to any substance will have to participate in a monitored program to safely and effectively rid their bodies of toxins safely and effectively. The time it takes to remove the substances from your body fully could depend on factors like how long you have been using, the types of substances used, and other underlying health issues. Depending on the severity of your case, it might be recommended that you take part in one of the following:
- A weekend or three-day detox
- A five-day detoxification program
- A seven or 10-day program
There are several steps involved in detoxing from different substances. For example:
- Identification â Knowing you need to stop abusing is critical, as you cannot begin your journey to recovery without identifying a strong need to remain sober. The first step will be identifying your problem.
- Cessation â The next step will be stopping the use of drugs or alcohol. During detox, you will be lowering or ceasing substance use. This should be done under monitored care and medical guidance to work on easing symptoms and possible dangers.
- Moderation and Monitoring â Throughout detox, monitoring and managing withdrawals is the best way to keep with the program and break through to becoming clean.
- Release â After you are free of the toxins in your body, you can prepare for the subsequent treatment stage. We are here at Purpose Healing Center to help tailor a program to your unique needs.
Call us at Purpose Healing Center if you would like to know more about our detox facilities in Phoenix. You can reach us anytime by dialing (480) 579-3319.