While prescription drugs can help you feel and get better, some have the potential to become addictive. Once you develop an addiction to prescription medications, it’s often hard to stop using the drug on your own. One way you can beat your addiction is with our professional detox program at Purpose Healing Center. As one of the most reputable detox centers in Scottsdale AZ, our team is ready to assist you in living a life free from addiction.
What Is Prescription Drug Addiction
It’s possible to become addicted to drugs prescribed by your doctor. That can happen if you:
- Take drugs in a different way other than prescribed, like using pills intravenously
- Take more medication than directed
- Take prescription drugs longer than instructed
- Combine prescription medication with alcohol or illegal drugs
Basically, you increase your risk of addiction if you don’t follow your doctor’s instructions.
Drugs are typically not a long-term solution. For instance, a lot of opioid painkillers are only supposed to be used for a short period after surgery or an accident. They’re usually not prescribed for several months at a time or years. Otherwise, you can easily become dependent on them if you use them for an extended period.
Signs Of Prescription Drug Addiction
The behavioral signs of addiction include:
- Justifying or denying prescription drug abuse
- Stealing prescription medications from those around you, such as friends and family members
- Obtaining prescription medication from more than one physician
- Neglecting your responsibilities like work or school
- Falsely and repeatedly reporting that your prescription drugs were stolen or lost in order to obtain more
- Using prescription medications differently than directed, like crushing and snorting pills instead of taking them orally.
There are also psychological signs of prescription drug addiction, and they include:
- Dizziness and headaches
- Nausea and vomiting
- Anxiety and depression symptoms
- Trouble focusing on anything for a long time
- Intense and uncontrollable cravings
- Unexplained mood swings
- Difficulty making decisions
Importance Of Medical Detox
When you stop abusing prescription medications, the withdrawal symptoms can be quite unpleasant and even result in serious medical complications without the supervision of addiction specialists.
Some of the common, uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms are:
- Headaches insomnia
- Nausea and vomiting
- Excessive sweating and chills
- Anxiety and depression
- Paranoia and hallucinations
With round-the-clock medical supervision, you can put an end to your addiction safely and as comfortably as possible. You’ll have the support you need to keep pursuing sobriety even when the going gets tough. Additionally, you’ll have access to emergency care to address dangerous withdrawal symptoms if necessary.
It’s important to note that every person with an addiction to prescription drugs experiences withdrawal differently. Thus, you should join a detox program that offers a highly individualized plan.
There’s Hope And Help For Addiction
At Purpose Healing Center, we can help you end your addiction to prescription medications. As one of the top detox centers in Scottsdale AZ, our addiction specialists will tailor your detox plan to your unique recovery needs. Ready to seek help for your addiction? Contact us today to get started: https://purposehealingcenter.com/contact/.
When you’re searching for detox centers in Scottsdale AZ, the number of options can be overwhelming. It’s not just about finding a place that’s close to home; you need to ensure that it will provide the comprehensive, personalized care that’s essential for lasting recovery. In this article, we’ll guide you through what to look for in detox centers, how to compare them, and why Purpose Healing Center should be your top choice.What to Look For …
Addiction is a disease that has the potential to devastate a person’s life, relationships, and overall well-being. Addiction can be defined as the compulsive use of substances or behaviors, despite negative consequences. It is a complex disease that affects the brain and leads to physical and psychological dependence.The Role of Detox Centers in Scottsdale AZIn recent years, society has become more aware of the damaging effects of addiction on individuals and communities, leading to an …