Article provided by: Valley View Nursing & Rehabilitation
Valley Views is the #1 rehab center in Idaho with state of the art infrastructure and modern amenities. We work relentlessly to offer individualized care and attention to each of our residents and guests.
Memory loss and aging
Memory loss is not uncommon in individuals with aging and can significantly affect a senior’s quality of life. However, with proper cognitive, speech, and occupational therapy, seniors can lead an independent life.
At our rehab and skilled nursing facility, we design a personalized treatment plan for each of our memory loss patients and train them on a variety of therapies to help them regain their lost abilities. We are one of the few facilities in Boise with a secluded dementia unit exclusively for memory loss patients.
Tips for dealing with Alzheimer's
Patients who have Alzheimer's need to live in a safe and secure environment to minimize wandering, falls, and accidents. Here are some tips on how to take care of a loved one who has Alzheimer's:
- Make sure to store the house keys, mobile phones, and other valuables at a safe place in your home that is easily visible to your loved one.
- Store your loved one's medications in a safe location and keep a checklist to track dosages.
- Make sure to install the necessary software in your loved one's mobile phone to track their whereabouts constantly.
- Hang a whiteboard in your living room or kitchen, so that your loved one can track their daily schedule.
Besides, keep your loved one's environment free from clutter and rugs. Our facility has sturdy handrails on stairways, bathrooms, and common areas to avoid falls and to help our residents maintain balance.
Types of physiotherapy
Physiotherapy is among the most commonly used therapies in post-operative care and helps seniors regain full range of motion. Physiotherapy can be of many types, and we offer the following types of physical therapy at our rehab center in Idaho:
- Orthopedic physical therapy - We use this approach to help patients suffering musculoskeletal injuries, fractures, tendonitis, bursitis, sprains, and other chronic pain issues. The focus of this therapy is to improve muscle, bone, and joint function and to improve endurance, stability, flexibility, and balance in patients.
- Geriatric physical therapy - We use to help our older residents overcome pain-related medical complaints like arthritis, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's, incontinence, and balance disorders. It not only improves mobility in seniors but improves their overall fitness and helps them be more independent in performing everyday activities.
- Neurological physical therapy - We use this therapy to treat neurological disorders in individuals. This therapy aims to improve limb responsiveness and aids in recovery from paralysis. It also plays a vital role in boosting the quality of life in individuals who have Alzheimer's, brain injury, Parkinson's disease, cerebral palsy, stroke, etc.
We also offer pediatric physiotherapy, wound care therapy, and vestibular therapy at our facility. Contact Valley Views today for more details on our rehab center in Idaho. We offer highly effective post-operative care and skilled nursing services therapies in a home-like environment at affordable prices.Rehab Center Idaho
View Larger Map