Grinding Teeth Newbury Park
Many people may not think about TMJ (or temporomandibular joints) even though they are used often. These are joints that work to connect the skull and jawbone, leaping into action every time you are chewing, swallowing, or talking. If you are dealing with grinding teeth in Newbury Park and discomforting because of it, you may want to seek treatment.
Can I Fix Jaw Clenching in My Sleep?
If you have sleep apnea or have been wondering about the best ways to stop snoring, the chances are also good that you clench your teeth/jaw while sleeping. There are millions of people who regularly suffer from sleep disorders, which include teeth grinding or bruxism. While many people will think sleep disorders are insomnia or issues staying asleep, teeth grinding might allow you to sleep, but it also comes at a cost.
Are You Having Issues with Grinding Teeth in Newbury Park?
It might be easy to forget the impact a body part has until it starts hurting. Having healthy teeth is imperative for longevity, but bruxism is a condition that threatens your overall wellness. People may need to look for bruxism treatment in Newbury Park if they have the following symptoms:
· Buzzing within the ear(s)
· Pain in the jaw and ear
· Difficulty with opening/closing the jaw
· Broken, worn or decayed teeth
· Sleep disturbance
· Facial deformity
When it comes to Newbury Park TMJ and sleep, there are many things that you can try to do to relax your jar while you are sleeping. Just as you may relate your dreams to your daily life while awake, how we live will also impact our sleep. The symptoms you experience with grinding teeth and TMJ become a much larger issue. When you want lasting change to take place, you may want to consider things like:
· Alcohol intake
· Caffeine consumption
· Co-occurring sleep disorders, including chronic snoring or sleep apnea
· Stressors or psychological conditions like depression or anxiety
· Cigarette smoking
· Lifestyle stressors surrounding family, home, work, finances, or relationships
When you see a specialist for Newbury Park TMJ and treatment, you may be asked some of the following questions:
- What in your current lifestyle might be out of balance?
- How do you cope with stress?
- Do you feel healthy or unhealthy?
- What areas of your life are you feeling stressed in?
- Are there issues you should address that you have been putting off?
- Do you have intuition about the issues that may be causing your teeth grinding or sleep issues?
There is nothing worse than having a problem with grinding your teeth and not knowing how to address it. Here at TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre, we are here to help you move through the problem and work on viable solutions to give you the comfort and overall wellness boss you are looking for. You can reach us by calling: Thousand Oaks, CA: 805-496-5700 or Brentwood, CA: 310-401-0813. We would love to have you come in for a consultation to decide on treatment options.Grinding Teeth Newbury Park